Cleaning and Caretaking
Providing an advisory and contract management and letting service to all establishments within a defined area in respect of their cleaning needs. Professional and technical support and advice on all matters relating to caretaking and cleaning. Working in partnership with schools, other customers and contractors to deliver the specified services.
- Maintaining site plans and measurements of all Education establishments for Local Management purposes.
- Helping and supporting headteachers in the appointment of Caretakers / Site Managers. Assisting with shortlisting and attending selection interviews when required. Advising on technical competence of candidates.
- Advising on the allocation of duties for school based staff and prepare schedules.
- Processing and approving monthly cleaning performance certificates and authorising contractors to raise invoices. Communicating and liaising with schools and contractors on a regular basis, ensuring they are satisfied with the service and that it meets changing requirements. Assisting in the process of re-tendering of Building Cleaning Contracts.
- Providing training courses for Caretakers / Site Managers and on-site induction training for new staff. Providing a swimming pool maintenance course once per year.
- Processing variation orders brought about by new buildings, changes of use or an alteration in the flexible specification requested by schools.
- Produce updated plans and site data sheets as a result of variations
- Take appropriate action to resolve problems, difficulties or disputes.
- Advise contractors of the amount to be invoiced for each individual school coupled with professional advice on how much to deduct for unsatisfactory work.
- Professional advice on floor treatments and other appropriate methods.
- Act as a single point of contact for all contractors at County Council level.
- Provide financial information on committed contract expenditure to assist schools in their spending plans.
- Ensure annual price review is fair and reasonable and in line with the Conditions of Contract.
- Arrange and attend regular meetings with schools and Contractors to discuss Contract performance and service issues.
Additional Deep Cleaning Work
Schools that have a cleaning contract with Strictly Education and require a deep or sanitiser clean, or assistance with cleaning of touchpoints such as door handles and light switches, should contact the Premises Team.
Schools who do not currently have a cleaning contract with us may still be able to arrange a deep or sanitiser clean, but this would depend on the timescale and geographic location as there has been an increase in work since the Coronavirus outbreak.
T: 0800 073 4444 Option 7
Premises Cleaning Audit
As education specialists, we know how important it is for you
to keep your school buildings clean and safe for children
to learn in, but we also understand the financial pressures
schools are facing.
• A service that is suitable for schools that currently have
in-house cleaning, but want to save significant costs by
outsourcing and remove the hassle of recruiting and
managing your own cleaners
• We can quickly conduct an audit, estimate the savings
and manage the procurement process and TUPE
• A discrete in-depth review is carried out to your school’s
requirements. All aspects of the working environment
are observed and audits are tailored to meet schoolspecific
• Professionally-trained auditors with expertise in all
aspects of training for educational-settings
• Support and advice is available following the audit to
assist with the implementation of any new methods
adopted as a result of the audit
T: 0800 073 4444 (Option 1)
To purchase go to:
Premises Site Cover - Premises Assistant & Site Supervisor
Strictly Education’s fully-trained site staff only work in the
education sector and have attained the necessary level of
compliance, including enhanced DBS checks.
Guaranteeing cover throughout the year on long-term
packages, so you will not experience any gaps in service*.
The service also includes:
• 24/7 area manager support for school
• Premises site cover packages range from 10 - 252 days
with no penalty for uplifting days
• Overtime and special events are covered at
an additional cost, with flexibility to cover
at short notice
T: 0800 073 4444 (Option 1)
To purchase go to:
Building Cleaning Decontamination Service
Following the COVID-19 global pandemic, we’ve had
requests to undertake decontamination cleaning using a
fogging or misting biocide. This work is undertaken while
buildings or rooms are unoccupied and is a new service
which helps eliminate pathogens on ceilings, walls, furniture
and floors. It also reaches areas which are difficult to clean
with traditional techniques.
If you wish to receive a price for this service through one of
our approved suppliers, please get in touch. Price on application.