School Improvement Partner service
Our quality-assured consultants, with headteacher or senior leadership experience, will provide professional challenge and offer support and advice for self-evaluation, including preparation for Ofsted, with a clear focus on improvement that enables you to deliver outstanding outcomes for all learners.
External challenge and support enables:
• Independent validation of your school’s self-assessment
• Continuous improvement in outcomes for pupils, leadership performance and quality of provision
Key features of the service
One full-day or two half-day visits with a named consultant with headship or senior leadership experience, who fully understands school leadership and school improvement. Each visit aims to assess the impact of your school improvement systems and processes and to explore ways in which to develop these further, but the focus for each visit will be determined through a dialogue between the headteacher and the SIP on each occasion.
Option 1 also includes:
• Provision of a summary evidence report for School Leaders and Governors on the effectiveness of the school, included within which will be identification of next steps for further improvement
• Support during an S5 or S8 Ofsted inspection, including speaking to the lead inspector
• Helpdesk support to the headteacher
• Attendance at termly Headteacher Breakfast Briefings focusing on national and local issues
• E-communication updates
Provides the key features of Option 1 above, plus an additional half-day visit with your SIP to explore a particular area identified by school leaders and the SIP in greater depth.
For the benefits of continuity, schools are encouraged to buy support for the Headteacher's Appraisal from the same SIP.
They always have an innovative angle in working with us to achieve consistency across the school and secure a skilled middle and senior leadership team. Babcock is so far ahead of other providers in delivering value for money and positive outcomes which are tailored to the needs of our school and pupils.
Heidi Swidenbank, Headteacher, Cox Green School, Maidenhead
Teaching and Learning school feedbackContact us on 0800 073 4444 or click to email