National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
A comprehensive programme for current or aspiring executive leaders of schools and MATs that will equip you to reach and exceed your goals in growing and nurturing your organisations.
• Provides delegates with the strategies and skills needed to ensure that they can lead their schools with confidence and ability
• Delegates will use best practice principles to complete the individual and organisational challenges that leadership within a complex educational environment demands
• Led by experienced facilitators from business and education, best practices from both these environments can be brought together for the benefit of delegates
Being an Executive Leader – what does the role require?
Being an executive leader of a school or group of schools has its own set of requirements. The role can require you to be a strategist and visionary, a communicator and ambassador, a change agent, a business developer, a leadership and talent developer and a guardian of the ‘spiritual flame’ of the organisation.
The course will run over a period of 12 months and will involve an induction phase and three workshops. Learning is blended; whole group, one-to-one and self-directed; using digital and workplace approaches.
As a result of attending this course, participants will know:
• The leadership qualities and competencies of highlyeffective Executive Leaders and how to further develop these in their own leadership role
• The critical skills needed to lead and manage change in a challenging educational context
• How to secure the buy-in and engagement of key stakeholders
• How to build sustainable capacity and achieve excellent educational outcomes
• How to ensure that appropriate and effective governance structures and processes are implemented across the organisation
• How to build an effective leadership team across a number of schools or academies
• How to arrange key HR and financial strategies
“I really enjoyed experiencing the interface between business and education and experiencing new ways of thinking and practising. It has given me some new strategies to support my new role.”
CEO of a MATContact us on 0800 073 4444 or click to email